Main Activities in the Domain of Total Risk Management
- Credit Risk Management
- Market Risk Management
- Operational Risk Management
- Insurance Risk Management
- Liquidity Risk Management
- Strategic Risk Management
Enterprise Risk Management
- HMS specializes and has accumulated significant expertise in Enterprise-wide Risk Management (ERM) and has the ability to provide total solutions to the entire range of organizational risks, effectively contributing to the cost savings and organizational stability.
- In organizations where a significant share of the operations are subject to many and diverse risks, the importance of the risk management function is high. Risk management requires appreciation, understanding, and specialization in each risk type.
- An ERM implementation addresses financial (e.g. market, credit) as well operational risks. This function is generally considered a significant contributor to the achievement of a competitive advantage.
- An effective ERM framework consists of: a setup of a centralized risk management unit, the appointment of a Chief Risk Officer (CRO) reporting to the CEO, and the setup of sub-committees in the corporate headquarters as well as in the business units, with the aim of introducing and instilling risk management as an integral part of the organizational culture.
- HMS has a proven track-record in consulting and as a solutions provider in the domains of financial risk management (market and credit risks) as well as in the domain of operational risk management. We are therefore well-equipped to serve our customers in their effort to cope with the uncertainties in their operating environments and in the dynamic and competitive markets, and effectively take into account the internal and external risks that might affect the stability and profitability of the organization when planning and executing their strategies.
HMS provides, among other things, a concrete added value in the form of a combined perspective that considers the entire organizational risk spectrum, resulting in in-depth analysis of various risk management alternatives and specification of relevant solutions.